Berry Asset Management PLC and Bordier & Cie
Berry Asset Management PLC (Berry) is a majority owned subsidiary of Bordier & Cie. In 2001 Berry Asset Management formed a strategic alliance with Bordier & Cie, the 160 year old Geneva based Swiss private bank. Over the years the relationship between the businesses has flourished, and in 2007 Bordier & Cie increased their interest in the firm to 70%, with Berry’s directors and senior management owning the remaining 30%. Although managed independently, being part of the Bordier Group is important to us and to our clients.
The bank has been managed by the Bordier family since 1844, and they have built a dynastic reputation to become one of Switzerland's most reputable and highly regarded private banks. Like Berry, Bordier & Cie is devoted to private wealth management, with group funds under management in excess of £6 billion. Bordier & Cie has international presence, with headquarters in Geneva and offices in Zurich, Berne, Nyon, Montevideo and Paris. It has also recently obtained a merchant banking licence in Singapore.
Berry Asset Management focuses solely on managing the wealth of individuals, private families and trustees. We manage portfolios for pensions, trusts, charities, offshore bonds, livery companies, small institutions, and welfare committees, along with investments for our own staff. The portfolios we look after are managed on a bespoke basis, with an emphasis on wealth preservation coupled with very high levels of client service.In 2011 we won ‘Boutique Wealth Management Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Spear’s Wealth Management Awards, and have been nominated in several categories at the Private Asset Managers awards over the last seven years, winning ‘Best Image and Reputation’ in the Investment Boutiques category, along with four wins for the quality and clarity of our client reporting. We have also been awarded a Defaqto 5 Star Rating for our MPS and Wealth Management Services, and received the ‘Best Innovation’ award at the 2013 Portfolio Adviser Wealth Management Awards.
Jamie Berry, our Executive Chairman, established the firm in 1981 and remains actively involved with client relations and the management of client portfolios. The company is now managed by the board and its Chief Executive Officer, Jamie MacLeod.